About the Machine
Certified G.E. Signa MRI
High Field (1.5 Tesla)
Registered MRI Technologist
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of imaging are available?
- Head without contrasting / Head with and without contrasting
- Cervical Spine without contrast / Cervical Spine with and without contrast
- Thoracic Spine without contrast / Thoracic Spine with and without contrast
- Lumbar Spine without contrast / Lumbar Spine with and without contrast
- Bilateral Hips without contrast / Bilateral Hips with and without contrast
- MRA: Magnetic Resonance Angiography head and neck.
- MRV: Magnetic Resonance Venography of head.
Why have an MRI of your head?
- To look for the causes of headaches
- To help diagnose a stroke
- Check blood flow to the brain
- To read symptoms such as a change in consciousness, confusion, or abnormal movements
- To look for tumors and abscesses
- To find conditions of the brain or brain stem such as encephalitis and meningitis
Why have an MRI of your back?
- Check your spinal alignment, disc height and hydration, and vertebral body configuration
- MRI can find areas of the spine where the canal is abnormally narrowed (Spinal Stenosis)
- Diagnose brachial and lumbar plexus injuries
- Check for pelvis injuries
- Search for Arthritis, infection, and degeneration
- MRI can detect nerve damage from injury or disease (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Find problems of the spinal disc, such as ruptured, or herniated disc, this can cause pressure on the nerve creating sciatica